Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lilly's First Project

A few weeks ago, I shared Lillian's first sewing project. She picked out every piece of flannel from my sister Ronda's well-organized stash...
Lilly and Memphis both designed their own flannel quilts...
It's a lot of straight-stitch sewing...with four layers of flannel.
Ronda insists on one pig square for every quilt. (her signature)
The frog square is because Ronda made a blanket for Warren when he was born, and that has become HIS "B"
Although it was VERY TRICKY -- we created a giant "L" on the back side of Lilly's quilt...
Lillian was so pleased with her new quilt -- she excitedly told Memphis -- "You could have a big M on the back of your blanket, Memphis."

Ronda looked at me, and I raised my eyebrows.  Hummm, I suppose it is a possiblity....

But, Ronda just spent two hours helping Memphis lay out her quilt, which was now all laid out and stacked into neat piles, waiting to be sewn....

Memphis was waiting for a response from her Grandma...hey -- me, too....

Ronda looked at Lilly and Memphis and said, "would you girls like to make some rice crispy squares?"

Yes.  Diversion wins again....


No comments:

Post a Comment