Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Morning Laundry Room Redo

Just for the record -- I got up at 4:30 AM today to write this post. WHA?? I could blame it on the time change. Or -- eating too much sugar at Lillian's birthday party.

But, mostly, I was laying there in bed, wide awake, worried that I wouldn't have a new post go up on Monday morning.

AND I KNOW HOW YOU COUNT ON IT...lol...

So, here's the deal.  It has taken more time than I thought it would to screw up the courage to actually PAINT MY WASHING MACHINE...
Once I decided on the actual words, I made an outline... I decided to use finger nail polish...so I started with the pink...
I had some jazzy colors, and it seemed like a fast-drying choice...
BUT NOOOOOO. Let me tell you -- those little brushes only LOOK like they carry a lot of paint. The amount is actually meant to cover one little finger nail. I can't believe I didn't understand those limitations WAY sooner than I did...if I continued on that course, I would've spent the next three years painting my washing machine...
I decided to break out the big boys.  The 99 cent variety of acrylic paint. They have NEVER LET ME DOWN...And, of course, an egg carton for my artist palette...
My "chair" was an upside down 5 gallon bucket, with a square foam cushion on top...not bad...
NOW WE ARE COOKING....
But I am in the mood to zentangle my dryer...
HOLY COW...THIS IS SO MUCH FUN....
All this painting took about four hours. And I was greatly helped by a good book on tape....(John Grisham's, Sycamore Tree).

The washing machine project also got a big boost last week because John was sick.

Because of his diabetes, when he gets a cold it really takes him down. And, gheesh, does he get crabby!! He hadn't eaten in three days, and he was miserable, coughing, and back in bed.

After another one of THOSE conversations,  "you really need to eat something..." Frustrated, I said, "I feel like I'm talking to a stubborn child, John." And he said..."then you should quit talking, Rita."

Ross told me that was good advice.  Okay, boys.  TO THE BASEMENT....where I broke out the pink and orange and blue and teal...

No comments:

Post a Comment