Monday, March 30, 2015

Washer & Dryer ART

The washer-dryer art project is still marching along. Although, once spring comes, I'll get bored with all the basement activity...so I'm about to call it a WRAP. There have been a few design changes...
I was delighted with the Zentangle treatment of the dryer...all black and white....I'd sit on my bucket and listen to a book on tape...and just mindlessly zentangle along...
Then, one day, I went to put a load in the dryer -- and noticed that this had been added!! (GREAT job, Lilly)...
After spending many hours painting the washer -- I was well pleased with the final result. Then, one day, John commented to a visitor that "it looks like a zebra snake"...and I was insulted...
But the next time I was down there, dammit....My artistic "L" really did look like a snake...I hate it when he's right...
So -- I decided to paint it over...and START AGAIN....with a new look -- more like a cursive "L".  Besides, the zebra didn't go with the zentangle...ugh...
So, I'm pretty happy with it. Altho that was A LOT OF WORK...
Next week, a picture of the FINISHED ART PROJECT.

AND -- the best news?? I have been working in the basement all winter, trying to make some of the chaos go away.  AND I CAN FINALLY SEE MY TREADMILL.  I subconsciously covered it with t-shirts and junk, boxes of heavy books....trying to make it invisible...

But I can see it now.  No more excuses...

Yes, it's spring!! Time to blow off the stink, eh??

No comments:

Post a Comment