Thursday, April 2, 2015

Eco Tourism?

The last stop on the last TMBC day trip was the Eco Tourism Center at Rock Creek. This used to be a sleepy little campground along the backwaters of the Mississippi River. But, since I was never into camping...well -- I had no idea what was at the end of that gravel road...
And the girls had NO idea why I was taking them down there...
Along this part of the river, you can walk right along the water...but that isn't the most remarkable thing....
THIS huge, brand new building is the most remarkable thing.  There is an 8,000 gallon aquarium inside, and a cafe...
This is what it looks like from the other side of the river...how did I NOT know about this place?...
For nine months of the year -- they operate the Blue Heron tours -- which is a guided tour down the river, pointing out the fish and wildlife. The boat ride/tour is FREE....
WHO KNEW?? I mean -- really? THIS MAGNIFICENT BUILDING IS FIVE MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE...

Now that I know what the Eco Tourism Center has to offer -- I plan to make it my new favorite place. My cousin Kim and I already went for coffee the other day...and next week, I'm taking Lillian and Warren for a picnic.  There's lots of play equipment, and many little cabins.

HOW LUCKY AM I???

No comments:

Post a Comment