Monday, May 18, 2015

Deborah, Me & the Blackhawk

 Originally published in 2011:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB

*************
I have been remiss...and fallen behind in my reports about the progress of the Blackhawk Hotel. Because Deborah missed our big cousins party -- I thought the least I could do was take her down there for dinner on the Friday night during her last visit...

Did I tell you how they found this hidden skylight during the restoration? Sadly, there was no glass left -- but they hired artisans to create the new glass. It is the centerpiece of the main lobby...

Still decorated for Christmas, Deb and I were horsing around on the grand staircase in the new lobby...

I always have to do one of my goofy in-the-mirror shots...

AND -- here we are, enjoying a really great dinner. This is dessert!! A banana bread pudding...

OH, YEAH -- it was awesome!!

Deb was in Iowa to babysit for her teenage grandchildren (Austin & Lexi) so her son and his wife could take a vacation.

It was great to have her back in the hood for awhile...we enjoyed our dinner at the Blackhawk. Hey -- I REALLY DID -- because Deborah insisted on paying!!

Deb has always been a generous, thoughtful person. She enjoyed her time with the kids -- and when they were in school, she was running two embroidery machines at all times. Near as I can tell, she gives away everything she makes.

THANKS AGAIN, Deb. Next time -- it's my treat! (I'll take her to Riefe's -- a great local joint with $2.99 daily specials)...

P.S. take a good look at Deborah's recycled wool vest...more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment