Thursday, May 21, 2015

Season FINALES

Ahhhh, television.

There is so much to love. And so much to hate. Like cantalopes and/or in-laws -- some are really good.  (Downton Abbey) Others are colossally bad. (Atlanta Housewives)  I watch them all. 

The good shows make you feel something...the bad ones make you grateful for your own life.

Shows come and go. May is the month when the traditional network shows have their big Season Finales.  Then, for the next three months -- we were forced to endure a long hot summer, with nothing to look forward to but tired reruns.

BUT THAT WAS THEN...and this is NOW. You won't hear any complaints from me.

When this season of Dancing With The Stars began, it looked unremarkable to me. I was taping both DWTS and The Voice, so I usually watched the Voice live, and DWTS a few days after it happened. But, by the end of the season, I didn't even know the names of the singers on the Voice -- and DWTS won me over. Completely. Especially Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy.

Oh My God....Rumer and Val....

I'll fall in love with the new shows...but right now, I'm missing Rumer and Val, Noah and Sharna.  I'm grieving for Dr. Dreamy, and afraid for my friends in Nashville.

But losing Don Draper, Peggy, and Joan and the 70's has put a hole in my life.  Mad Men was a complex show, with such great writing.  It often surprised me, sometimes disappointed me, but it always made me think.   

It feels like the night the lights went out in Georgia...

No comments:

Post a Comment