Tuesday, May 12, 2015

SUE FROM MILWAUKEE??

Well, I enjoyed my 24 hours in Iowa.  Today I'm flying to Minneapolis for the International Spring Quilt Market.  This is a lot of travel for me...and I'm kind of out of the habit.

I'll be working the show with Rhonda Pierce,the Marketing Director for Schmetz Needles.  We'll be looking for new topics for the digital magazine, Inspired To Sew.  There will be interesting people, stunning quilts, some fabulous dinners...hey -- it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!!

************
I will be writing MANY, MANY blog posts about the wonderful 2015 Sewing Weekend in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Boy-o-boy-o, did we have fun...

And the Friday Night Midwest Ya Ya Sister event was extra-special for me because Emily and Lilly came from Iowa to see what Grandma Rita does.  AND my young friend from Cedar Rapids, Anne, also came with her daughter Sarah...
From the far right corner of the picture, Lilly, Emily, Anne, Sarah -- then the NW Stalkers.  Chris and Judy!!
At the end of the night, Wendy from Babylock gave a wonderful doorprize -- a Rachel sewing machine -- to a lucky winner.
AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT -- the winner of the prize was a blogging friend. Sue from Milwaukee (that's always how she signs her comments)...

BUT, I don't have to TELL you what happened -- you can read about it in HER OWN WORDS...as she blogged about it today. AND I AM SO STUPID I did not realize she even wrote a blog.

I AM SO EXCITED...and now I have gone back to 2011, because I plan to read every post Sue ever wrote -- in the proper order!!  It's like we are sisters separated from birth...Congratulations, Sue.

This is my best picture...but I think Emily got one of Lilly drawing your name...

Please read Sue's report of her time at Sewing Weekend.

YOU WON'T MISS IT NEXT YEAR!! Sue's blog is called: Sewing in Wisconsin http://www.sewinginwisconsin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment