Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Italian Potato Salad

My mother-in-law, Helen Farro, was the best cook I ever met. And I am grateful that she came along at a time in my life when I was eager to learn. Every summer, I look forward to making her Italian Potato Salad.

It starts off with the usual suspects -- boiled eggs, potatoes and celery...
But then, Helen would add fresh tomatoes, green beans (mine are frozen), black olives and fresh basil...

As with many things Helen cooked, there wasn't so much a "recipe" as a technique. The dressing is a simple vinegar  oil. I use olive oil, red wine vinegar and fresh minced garlic. OOOps -- I almost forgot to take a picture!! We were in too big a hurry to eat, I guess.

YUMMO...!! And, as you know, with my current fixation on all-things-popover -- that's all I needed to make the PERFECT SUMMER SUPPER...

No comments:

Post a Comment