Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday Tresure Hunt!!

THANK GOD IT'S SATURDAY...this is the day I kick around with my buddy Bert. We often go to auctions, or thrift stores...you know the drill.

Every week, it's a treasure hunt.
I still regret NOT being able to buy this loveseat.  Wasn't it a gem??
Most of the art in my house came from auctions and/or thrift stores.
There is always an ugly lamp contest...
THIS would have been a great new dinette set for the porch!   But at the time -- just hauling it seemed like a lot of work.

Three weeks ago, Bert and I went to an auction in Dewitt where they had tons of beautiful LINENS...
The boxes were all labeled...and piled high...
With brand new sets of embroidered pillowcases, never used...
There were three boxes FULL of sets that had the edges trimmed, but the embroidery was stamped on.
I am hoping one day, Lilly and I will work on these pillowcases together.
I did manage to buy several boxes of pillowcases.  This was some of the finest embroidery work I've ever seen...
Each set was stunning. And perfect. Simply gorgeous...
I could hardly wait to give the tulips to Carrie...
There is no telling what treasure Bert and I might find today. Our Saturdays used to be all about FINDING TREASURE....and buying stuff. Now, our Saturdays are a lot more about figuring out that we already own all the cool stuff...it's fun to see what it's worth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment