Friday, August 21, 2015

Project Runway: Week #3 SPOILERS

The show opens with everybody on board the newest Celebrity Cruise Ship...

OH NO...are they going to have to make a garment out of a deck chair, a lobster shell and a watermelon rind??

It's the first team challenge of the year.  Tim picks names out of the button bag and pairs everybody up. The duos each pick a suitcase with a location label...Hong Kong, South of France, Caribbean, etc.  Each suitcase had several different pieces of fabric representing the exotic location (to inspire their design)...Sounds like fun!

But -- for me, this episode was a total miss.  There wasn't one memorable garment.  Because I DVR the show, I have the option of watching over and over again.  Maybe if I watched it five or six times, I could come up with something pithy....but -- hey -- who's got that kind of time??

So, I'm going to talk about the losers this...

Merline and Joseph:  Merline wants to fit in??  Really??  She says she doesn't want to disappoint people (who says they WANT to disappoint people?). Joseph is a bossy, no-talent know-it-all who has no idea how boring his designs are.  He was very pleased with himself that he so easily stifled Merline to the point that she didn't have a single thing to do with the finished garment.  HE should have been the one standing on the runway, waiting to be auféd...Merline survived -- but barely.  I predict this was Joseph's last challenge. 

Edmond tried really hard with the Horrible Hapless Hamniao.  Because he had immunity, Edmond could have just finished a mediocre wrap skirt and let Hamniao hang herself on the runway...but, he kept pitching right to the end, even making a smashing second swimsuit (which the judges never saw).
Hanmaio went home.  She will not be missed...I'm probably spelling her name wrong.  I just don't care...
Amanda and Gabrielle made a red/white/blue asymmetrical outfit. I was disappointed that they didn't use their printed fabric.  But their garment was kind of pointless and uninspired.

Ashley and Candace got the win -- but I thought their three piece garment was a dog's breakfast.  The oversize back cowl made no sense with the flowered flouncy thing they called a cape...shudder...

I thought the BIG MISS of this episode was not having the final runway show ON THE CELEBRITY CRUISE SHIP...

Actually -- looking back -- I wish they'd gone with the deck chairs and lobster shells...


No comments:

Post a Comment