Wednesday, August 12, 2015

TOP CHEF -- HERE I COME!!

IT'S SUMMER TIME...with summer food...all that goodness from the Garden. The other day, our supper was sweetcorn and onion rings. OH MY GOD...
I was so busy eating the food, I almost forgot to take a picture.
That is the last onion ring...and the other little pillows of deliciousness are my new invention...
These are onion pancakes.
Here's what happened. I made a quick batter for the onion rings:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup
1 tsp baking powder
salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

It worked great -- the onion rings were light and crunchy...perfect.  But, after frying two or three pans of onion rings, I was bored...

Cleaning the kitchen, I realized there was quite a bit of the batter left, and I hated to waste it.  So, I coarsely chopped an onion and threw it into the batter.  I reheated the pan of oil, and dropped the batter into the hot oil.  I fried them -- making delicious little pillows of onion cakes...

It was like a cross between a hush puppy and an onion ring...

DELICIOUS...Really.  Somebody out to put this on a menu.  TOP CHEF, HERE I COME...

No comments:

Post a Comment