Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Do I have extra?

Every now and then, my stash comes in handy for OTHER PEOPLE...

This fall -- Emily's sister, Hannah, is getting married in Wyoming. Emily and Lilly are excited -- it will be Lilly's first airplane ride.

Emily's parents are driving out in advance because they are setting up the actual venue. They rented a big home for the occasion and will be hosting a party in the yard of that property. There may be more guests than chairs -- so Emily asked me if I had any extra blankets or throws that could be used in the yard for casual seating.  Her parents could take them out in their van...

Here's the thing about me. Once I decide I like something, I soon have LOTS OF EXTRA...I simply cannot stop it from happening...it's how my life works...

I went into my basement to begin the treasure hunt. I went right to my gorgeous stack of wool blankets. Yellow, blue, red, plaid, Buffalo stripes...they have all been washed, and then lovingly placed on a dry shelf, covered with a sheet. Perfect. I can see them now...

Then, I started to dig a little deeper...I have dozens of holiday throws...wait...I could have some very interesting seating. What's that? Is that a queen size quilt with a horse on it? Wow...here's another trunk, FULL of quilts and throws...doesn't Hannah have a thing for zebra stripes??
This pile has some zebra throws, a woven wool throw, some hanging quilts, a queen size quilt with a horse motif (it lived in my trunk -- the perfect picnic quilt)...
t
A hummingbird throw...
Twin size yellow matelasse, zebra throw, a patriotic quilt
My pile was getting bigger and bigger...
There are two quilted pillow shams to go with the double bed size quilt..I wonder if there will be any children there?
This flower quilt also has two pillow shams -- that would make for cute seating, right?
Do I have extra??? and she laughed....
AND -- here's the thing. While conducting this search -- I discovered a bit of buried treasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment