Saturday, September 26, 2015

Life's Blessings

The other day I was looking for a specific picture that I was SURE I would find in the July folder...I was wrong (I have a terrible system for my digital pictures)...

But I was delighted to come across these pictures from the 4th of July Road Trip I took with my friend Marion.  She came to Iowa (she lives in Canada) and we DROVE to Aurora, Minnesota to visit Mary Mulari...
This might be my favorite picture...from inside the Wisconsin Supper Club...
We sat at a lakeside table-- the view was fantastic.
Mary and her husband Doug were terrific hosts -- and their small town TURNS IT OUT for the 4th of July!!
I mean, really, people -- THERE WAS FRY BREAD!!
I haven't talked to Marion lately -- but I know she's getting ready to take her youngest granddaughter to NEW YORK CITY this fall. And we both have such fond memories of New York -- I know when she's there, they will do things and go places where she will think of me and the good times we've had there. Yesterday, I was recommending the Chicago architectural boat tour, which is something I've done with Marion twice and it's a wonderful way to learn about Chicago...

Every single day, I am grateful to have such wonderful women friends.  I just can't express how much they add to my life....Women friends feel your pain, they share your joy -- they GET YOU every step of the way.  You can start a conversation with tears and sobbing, they hear every word, and you hang up the phone, laughing instead of crying.  (this happened to me yesterday).

OF COURSE you enjoy the time you spend with them, but then there is the added benefit of reminiscing about that time you spent many weeks or years ago...AND, if that isn't enough fun, you have the joy of planning your NEXT visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment