Friday, October 16, 2015

Where we WON'T be eating!!

I wrote this post earlier in the summer...
*************
This is the story of why I had to become a Yelp reviewer...

John's birthday is in August, and we usually do a little day tripping through Wisconsin.
Last year was John's 70th birthday, and we wanted to do something special...so we planned a THREE day cheese tour...
Wisconsin is a beautiful state to drive through. Charming small towns, lovely countryside, interesting cheese factories. So, we drove 5 hours to stay in Fondu lac.  We wanted to have his special birthday  dinner at Jim and Linda's Supper Club. We fondly remembered a wonderful dinner we enjoyed there many years ago.

Sadly -- the meal was a huge disappointment. There were so many things wrong with that restaurant -- I decided to write my first YELP review. Here it is:

Written in August, 2014: We arrived early (to beat the big crowd). Sadly -- the crowd never materialized And -- I think I know why....

The clam chowder (served in small cups) was watery and tasteless. The salad was a small serving of wet lettuce on a flat plate, with a single piece of rock hard tomato and one slice of cucumber. The breadbasket was three grocery store rolls...unremarkable in every way... YIKES...

My husband ordered his prime rib medium rare. It arrived lukewarm yet strangely overcooked. Toughest piece of meat he ever chewed...and chewed...and chewed... His twice-baked potato looked like a frozen food product and it had no flavor.

I ordered the BBQ ribs -- and they were stale and awful. Boiled (two days earlier) would be my best guess. Reheated in the microwave, the bottled sauce was poured on top -- but the bottom of the ribs was a very unappetizing gray color.

I am sorry to say this must now go down as one of the WORST meals we ever ate....and, at $75...it was expensive as well as mostly inedible.

Our waitress was a lovely young girl who couldn't have cared less that we were disappointed in the food. I sincerely doubt anybody connected with Jim and Linda's Supper Club will read this review. From the look of the place -- the outdated interior and the unkempt exterior -- it's been going downhill for quite awhile -- maybe nobody is really in charge any more.

It's a pity...

*********
However, my review was not posted to the Yelp website...so I went on a mission to understand why not....the thing is -- I don't give up...Really. These people do not know who they are dealing with...

No comments:

Post a Comment