Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Chicken Soup -- Chapter 12??

Ah, yes, Chicken Pot Pies.  Or, in this case, TURKEY pot pies....one of my favorite winter dishes.  And another GREAT thing to have in the freezer...mostly prepared and ready to go...

Remember this trick?
Start with a little help from the grocery store...
Thicken the soup with a flour slurry.  Sometimes, I add additional chicken breasts, corn, green beans, whatever your preference is for chicken pot pie.  Put the thickened chicken stew into the unbaked pie shells...
When the filling is cool, I put the pies on trays and set them in the freezer. You are now two-thirds of the way to a delicious chicken pot pie supper!



Sometimes, I thaw the pie out before I bake it. Other times, I start from frozen...you can add a top crust or a can of biscuits during the last 15 minutes in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment