Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sandy's Wild New Pants

One of the highlights of 2009 was the fall trip I took to New York City with my friend Sandy Randolph. Our friend Carol was working as a travel agent at the time -- and got a screaming hot deal on a beautiful hotel room at the Marriott Marquis. Evelyn went, too -- and the four of us had a wonderful, wonderful time.
Sandy, Carol, Evelyn and me. At the TOP OF THE ROCK.
I first met Sandy 25 years ago, when she gave me a GREAT haircut. She's been doing that ever since...and we've had some wonderful times together both in and out of her beauty shop.

About the only flaw I can find in my friend Sandy is that she does not sew. lol...

Recently, she asked me if I could make a pattern from her favorite pair of leggings (8 years old).  They were that one-pattern-piece kind -- with no side seam...hummm...Her sister Kay (who does sew) was willing to make some new leggings for Sandy, but they couldn't get the pattern right...
I cut the pants apart...so I could get the crotch curve right...
Then, I added in seam allowance, hems and turned over waistband...
I traced the new pattern on Do-Sew.
Then, I decided to make a test pair of pants.
Using some WILD stretchy knit out of my stash.
After a scant ten minutes of sewing -- here's Sandy's not new leggings...
She looks SOO GREAT in these pants!!
I was delighted with the way the pants turned out.  I've gotta say, it was a good exchange of services. Sandy got a new pair of one-of-a-kind designer leggings. And I got my last haircut before she leaves for Florida.

After our most recent blizzard, those Snowbirds are looking smarter and smarter...

No comments:

Post a Comment