Monday, November 16, 2015

Tie One On Day!!

America is ramping up for the H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-S.

Thanksgiving is our big kick-off to two months of non-stop family fun (and work).  Cooking, cleaning, shopping, and partying.  I hope you are looking forward to a very happy time....surrounded by your family and friends. Enjoying good food, lively conversation, with lots of hugs and kisses.

But, the holidays are a lot of pressure.  Family drama is complicated and magnified at this time of year...and if you lost somebody -- well, it can be a painful and lonely time. 

There are people you know who may not be having a Norman Rockwell experience. Many people are lonely and sad during this time of year. They don't have warm, fuzzy families or giving, caring friends who include them.

Which is why I love the whole concept of Tie One On Day. EllynAnne Geisel, author of The Apron Book, created this day and I LOVE IT. You can go to her website to read more about it: Apron Memories
In a nutshell -- on Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve, you use an apron to wrap a gift of food and deliver it to somebody who just might need a lift. Consider it a random act of kindness...paying it forward....

It was an honor for me to interview EllynAnne for Inspired To Sew magazine. Click on the link to read the story -- and then, I'm sure you'll want to TIE ONE ON this year!!

OR -- click on the Tie One On badge on the right side of my blog.  I leave it there, all year long, and it's fun to go there and read other people's stories.  

There are only two rules...you must personally deliver your apron/food/gift...and you must include a hand-written note.

This has become a new tradition for me....Thanks, EllynAnne...

No comments:

Post a Comment