Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Women Who Sew

As we begin the FINAL COUNTDOWN to Christmas, I'd like to say thank you to all my sisters who sew. By "sisters", I mean my actual sisters Ronda, Deena and Deborah....

And I am also including my sewing sisters. Sewing has brought the VERY BEST women into my life. When I look back and reflect on all the relationships I've had  -- my sewing sisters are at the top. They support me, they give so much of their time and energy.  They are the most generous, kind, accepting, loving people in the entire world.  I've said it a thousand times -- and I'll say it again....

WOMEN WHO SEW ARE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. If you need a friend -- get thee to the local quilt shop and sign up for some classes!!

I assembled an amazing crew of sewing sisters when I owned a sewing store called Rita's Sew Fun (see, once I decide I like a thing - I NEVER let it go). And we still enjoy each others'  company...and get together as often as we can.

Recently, Judy's husband, Larry, was in a serious car accident, so the three of us (me, Ronda and Phyllis) decided to go for a visit, see how they were doing.  We took down lunch, and also some food for their freezer...(coffee cake, frozen soup, chicken casserole..)
Judy, Ronda and Phyllis, working on a jigsaw puzzle.
Larry is recovering nicely...

And -- this group CANNOT GET TOGETHER without doing a Sew and Tell...
Judy is obsessed with sewing these little zipper cosmetic bags...
And she is ALWAYS making a new baby quilt for some lucky about-to-be-born child...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these women....

1 comment:

  1. So true! Love my sewing friends and also my sewing kids :-) We sewists are crazy this month too, with our last-minute Christmas sewing. I have 8 prs of slippers, 7 ornaments, and assorted charity sewing to get done :-)

    ReplyDelete