Saturday, December 19, 2015

Zion Lutheran Church Auction

Every city and town in America has it's annual "traditions". A spring garage sale, a Christmas Festival of Trees, a summer bicycle ride, etc.

In Princeton, Iowa, one of our fall traditions is the Zion Lutheran annual soup supper/auction at the Community Center. The year Lillian was four, she held up my number to place a bid -- the auctioneer AND the crowd thought she was adorable.  And I ended up paying $85 for a basket of doggie treats.  (Hey -- it is their main charity event)...
The room is packed. After the soup supper -- the auction starts...
This year, I was sitting with my niece, Nicole...we kept bidding stuff up, but didn't actually buy much...
The youth group was in charge of clearing the tables, pouring coffee, etc...
My grand-nephew Garrett was one of the young people who offered two hours of his time to be auctioned. Some people bought eight and ten hours of young-people-labor to do their fall yard clean-up, put up Christmas lights, etc.
It's wonderful to see the next two generations....Ross went to school with this little guy's Daddy....
So -- what did I buy?  In a future post, I'll show you the BEST THING AT THE AUCTION...

No comments:

Post a Comment