Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Laundromat

This post was supposed to go up on Monday...but, you know how it goes...the best made plans and all that. sorry for the little glitch.

Since Christmas, I have made FOUR RAGGED EDGE QUILTS. (Sooner or later, you'll hear about each one of them.)

My sister Ronda told me there is so much thread and fuzz from the ragged edges that it's a good idea to do the first official washing in one of those large commercial washers.

AT A LAUNDROMAT...

No problem. There is a sweet laundromat in a nearby small town (Eldridge). Lily has never been to a laundromat -- so I thought this would be a new experience.

We had the whole place to ourselves...Lilly was doing cartwheels...

Although watching the clothes go round and round was kinda interesting....I DO ALWAYS BRING some Grandma Game...
My childhood favorite...Old Maid...
Lilly won three hands....
Nowadays, I ALWAYS carry this game...(Thanks, Linda)...BANANAGRAMS...
After an hour in the dryer, I hung the quilt up...because I wanted it to be COMPLETELY DRY before I folded it.

We were in no big hurry....and, frankly, there was no place I'd rather be...
The best thing about kids is their natural ability to turn any job into a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment