Friday, February 19, 2016

The Best Food in AMERICA!!

I am an Iowa girl, born and raised. But I've got to say, when it comes to really DELICIOUS FOOD -- I know enough to go EAST, my friend -- GO EAST..

Even though, as a girl, I lived in a county surrounded by pig farmers -- I had to move to Pennsylvania to discover this...
A true Pennsylvania delicacy -- Fried Scrapple.
It's hard to believe I was 22 years old before I ate my first Shoo-fly pie!!
Again, only available in Pennsylvania...Tastykakes...I miss them every day.
And I miss the people, too. Hey -- maybe the food is so delicious because of the people we're eating with, EH?
AND WHO IS MAKING all those delicious pies?? THAT'S RIGHT. Kathy Keefer. Best cook in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. (according to Ross, who was their long-term houseguest when he moved to Harrisburg)...
Kathy and I have a lot in common. Last year, we both did this...
Kathy's Hazel...
My Frankie...
There is more to the story...

1 comment: