Monday, March 21, 2016

Lilly's Chicago Trip: Day One

I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD IN CHICAGO!!

From beginning to end, this trip met every expectation. There were so many "firsts". For both of us, of course.

It is such a privilege to see life through the eyes of a seven year old...
Lilly was wearing her favorite sparkly hat, cowboy boots, a crossover bag with outside pockets -- and her very own cellphone.
Our first selfie.
Arriving at the train station in Princeton, Illinois (one hour from Princeton, Iowa)
Lilly, and our bags.
The train station was like a time capsule.
We were there one hour early.
But, no problem...we got game...
THE TRAIN, THE TRAIN...
We were sooo excited!!
We had to go up the stairs to get to our seats.
The seats were comfortable, with lots of leg room, big tables...
But then, we discovered THE OBSERVATION CAR!!
WHO KNEW??
The train ride into Union Station, downtown Chicago was a very restful ...2 1/2 hours.
Lilly's first glimpse of the Sears Tower (it will always be that to me).
She was anxious to get off the train -- and OFF TO THE NEXT BIG THING...
In 1973, I worked for Amtrak, and I have always had a soft spot in my heart for passenger rail service. Even though it is not a possibility in my daily life...this trip made me want to try harder. I want to take another train ride...it was comfortable, the people were courteous and helpful, the equipment was well maintained and clean...I LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT...

GOOD JOB, AMTRAK!!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love riding on the train. Went to CA via train. If I had to do it today I would definitely get a sleeper.

    ReplyDelete