Friday, April 15, 2016

Elizabeth's new purse

The BEST DAY of the week for me is Monday because Carrie comes. And I get a little help.

Sure, she cleans....all the usual chores I AM NO GOOD AT. But she does SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. Last week, she swept all the winter gunk off the porch, and if the weather holds up, one day soon she'll help me bring the couch cushions up from the basement.

We went through the kids' clothes, and had two giant bags to go BACK to the Goodwill. Then, Carrie puts them in my car. (sometimes, because she doesn't trust me, she will put the bags in HER own car...)

It's time to redecorate my hallway wall, so she took all the pictures down and carried them to the basement.  Then, of course, she had to CLEAR OUT A SPOT in the basement to put the box of embroidered samplers that been hanging on my wall for the last 20 years...

Next week, it'll be time to pack away the winter clothes and make room for the short-sleeve stuff!!

Carrie helps me make room for the Christmas tree -- and bring up the mugs and rugs...then, of course, we reverse the whole process...

The "Things Carrie Does for Rita" is a very, very long list, people.

Carrie started cleaning for me when she was 14 years old...and she often brings her #1 Helper...
Carrie and Elizabeth...several years ago...
Carrie actually LIKES to help her Mom clean..
And sometimes, there is a bonus.
Like the year I bought four size 4 leopard fake fur coats on clearance at Penney's...
With a cape and some glitter paint in the back, I made her Frozen dress...
A couple of weeks ago, Elizabeth did some SEWING in the basement with me...
We were actually hiding out while Carrie was upstairs, doing all the work...
She added a cross body t-shirt strap.
Although I really, really thought the bag could have benefited from the addition of a little t-shirt fringe...we simply ran out of time!!
Now, Carrie is looking for a Featherweight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment