Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.

***************
At Quilt Market in Salt Lake City -- I could HARDLY WAIT to meet Pat Sloan. Remember, this whole thing started when I interviewed her for the Inspired To Sew magazine... https://issuu.com/schmetzneedles/docs/its28-apr2016?e=10258703/34066416.
https://issuu.com/schmetzneedles/docs/its28-apr2016?e=10258703/34066416.
THERE SHE WAS -- in person!! Surrounded by all-things-quilting!!
I felt like I'd known her for years...
Rhonda Pierce actually HAS known her for years!!
The Splendid Sampler has taken off in ways they never imagined.
Coordinating their smartphones...
Pat Sloan is one of the most popular people at Quilt Market -- so we were lucky to get a few minutes with her on the show floor. She was delighted with her issue of Inspired To Sew magazine, and I was very proud of that interview.

Then we talked about the TMBC, and how much my friends and I are enjoying this new quilt journey.  We share our blocks each week, and  have our own private Facebook page (for our out of town member, Jackie)...WE ARE LEARNING SO MUCH each week -- it is very exciting!!

GREAT JOB, Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson!!






No comments:

Post a Comment