Thursday, June 9, 2016

TMBC Mystery Tour

Like I said -- last week, TMBC was just the three of us...and I had a little local "Mystery Tour" planned. I even offered to drive (which NEVER happens).
This is my best picture of Sandy and Linda P. They are sisters-in-law...
The three of us started our Tuesday morning in the usual way...breakfast, then our weekly downloads. (My friend Marion calls this "Adult Female Conversation"...) Then, we got in my car and headed out on my little Mystery Tour...

We went across town to the Putnam Museum.
Last week, I found out about a new library program. Our county library now has "passes" to some local venues. These passes are good for free family admission, and they're good for a week. I had the family pass for the Putnam Museum, and I was planning it for a Grandma Camp day trip. Before I took Lilly there, I wanted to see what they had to offer -- and also, I thought a dry run was a good idea to see how this new pass was going to work.

It's a good thing we did this dry run -- because, sure enough, the guy at the desk had NO IDEA what I was talking about. He'd never seen the library pass before....

But, he figured it out....Admission to the Putnam is $7 each, and the pass is good for FIVE general admissions.
You still have to pay extra if you want to see the King Tut exhibit, or watch one of the 3D movies...
But the real problem was that the pass in my purse was for Niaobi Zoo (another great local attraction), NOT the Putnam. (note to self -- next time, CHECK INSIDE THE SLEEVE!)
Then, we went on to one of my favorite thrift stores. Winne's in downtown Davenport. We found a bit of treasure...then we went on to the final stop of our Mystery Tour...
The newest branch of the Davenport Library -- on Eastern Avenue.
Although it's been open for a couple of years, it is new to me...
AND BEAUTIFUL...in a great location, right on my way home most days. 
Our favorite library, the Bettendorf Library, recently had a terrible flood caused by some kind of plumbing problem on the second floor. They were temporarily closed, and it will be awhile before they're back to normal. So I thought we should check out this option.

Our library cards are good for any library in Scott County.  And even though they gave me the wrong pass the first time -- this new program is GOING TO BE AWESOME!!

P.S.  As, often happens, we ended up eating a 99-cent Taco lunch.  DELISH...

No comments:

Post a Comment