Monday, July 25, 2016

Ronda's Place in Baring

Ronda and I had a WONDERFUL TIME at the Featherweight Workshop, and our fun was not over!! Twelve years ago, she and her husband Dean bought a home in Baring, Missouri. That's about three hours from Hamilton -- so I was going to spend one night there on my way back to Iowa.
Ronda was driving as I took some pictures of Lake Baring.
There are many "cabins" on the lake -- its like a Country Club -- only the members use boats instead of golf carts...
It was their wedding anniversary!!  Dean surprised Ronda with a bouquet of roses.  (note the backsplash in their kitchen)
Their house is a short drive from the lake...
A very nice size -- 3 bedrooms and a porch...
They have a huge yard, with many mature shade trees.
The back porch is painted camo -- with lots of fishing poles hanging from the ceiling...
And a pretty good assortment of tackle...lol...
The next morning, Dean went out on the lake at 6:00 AM...and did THIS!!
22 small mouth bass!!
Which he cleaned -- then COOKED.
The backsplash above their stove spells F-I-S-H. OF COURSE...

This was the first time I've visited "The Place" (that's what they named it) in Missouri.  BUT NOT THE LAST...hummm...

Wouldn't this be a terrific spot to have a Sisters Sewing Getaway Weekend??!!

HOLY COW -- WHAT A GREAT IDEA...!!  LET'S DO IT....

1 comment:

  1. Hey.....I'm your Sewing Sister......and I was even born in Missouri......;)

    ReplyDelete