Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.
*****************

This block, by Pat Sloan, is called Pin Cushion Love.
Linda did TWO different versions of it.  Note the cute thimble fabric in the background...
Then, LP did two different versions of the pencil block. She has become A MASTER AT PAPER PIECING...
I believe this was a Bonus Block?
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD -- TWO BLOCKS A WEEK IS A TYRANNY, PEOPLE!! I SIMPLY CANNOT KEEP UP. I AM SO FAR BEHIND, I CAN'T SEE SPLENDID FROM HERE. LP IS A MACHINE, I TELL YOU...A MACHINE...!!

Although I've had nothing of note to share, Splendid-Sampler-wise -- I am always delighted to join the crew at TMBC and see what the others are working on.

Last week was a VERY SPECIAL OCCASION -- LP's two girls, Whitney and Kim -- came for a visit.  We did an abbreviated version of our usual download...and then WE GOT DOWN TO BUSINESS...
Yes, people -- IT'S BANANAGRAMS...

No comments:

Post a Comment