Monday, December 5, 2016

Life Is Not A Dress Size

It's been two weeks since I went to Fat Camp. Of course, the BIG CHALLENGE was doing Thanksgiving three days after coming home...but I felt strong, and I made good choices.  I had a wonderful day with many people I love -- and nobody cared one bit about what I was or was not eating.

Because I have never wanted my life to be about how much I weigh, or what dress size I wear -- I am not one of those girls who goes crazy when the scale changes.  For many years, I DIDN'T EVEN OWN A SCALE CAPABLE of weighing me.

But I know it's important to track my progress.  So I've decided to step on the scale every Monday morning...ugh...

Last week, I joined the YMCA,  went to my first SwimFit class, and I walked on my treadmill.  I ate three meals a day at regular meal times,  I was aware of my portions, and I exercised four days.  It was a wonderful week...I spent lots of time with the kiddos, doing our usual Christmas stuff...and I cooked and cleaned, bringing up my mugs and rugs, preparing for the HOLIDAY...

And -- I lost another two pounds.

Wow.  I am over the moon.  I weigh 282 pounds.  That's a lot...but I am not worried about the big number.  I'm just taking it one meal at a time...and every one of them is a victory.

When I consider how important this is...it's not about the number, or the size.  It's about LIVING AS LONG AS I CAN.  Because I have a lot of people I love -- and they love me...

It's easy to remember that, too -- because of the ring I bought for myself on my last day in Florida.  It says "love"...and whenever I am tempted by a Snickers, or  I think about NOT getting on my treadmill...I just glance at this ring...and I remember what's really most important...


No comments:

Post a Comment