Monday, December 12, 2016

Sisters/Flowers/Love

On my second official day at Fat Camp, I got a knock on the door with a SPECIAL DELIVERY OF FLOWERS!!

I am 67 years old, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've received flowers in my life. Wow. This was special...
Rhonda took this picture of me, crying, as I opened the card...
The flowers were from my sisters...
I WAS SO SURPRISED!!
I took a picture of them each day.
I felt stronger every day...and I knew the flowers were happy for me...
I picked out the most beautiful yellow rose...and took it with me every morning.
It went with me everywhere I went.
The whole week was about GIFTS...
On this day, I worked up a real sweat...but my sisters were with me ALL THE WAY...
It was with me, doing my jigsaw puzzle...
Because I couldn't take the whole bouquet home with me on the plane -- I gifted the flowers to my wonderful massage therapist, Emily..!!
Although I didn't exactly plan this -- I got several emails from people asking how I did last week? Of course, that's code for "DID YOU LOSE ANY WEIGHT?"

So, in the interest of being ACCOUNTABLE -- I am going to make my Monday post about this "push-the-reset-button" health/fitness journey....only because Monday is the only day I get on the scale....and the number this morning was.....drumroll....

279.6 pounds.  Wow.  I moved through the 280's pretty quickly...but this feels pretty good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment