Tuesday, December 6, 2016

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING...

I have always considered myself to be the RELIABLE ONE. I pride myself on that. If I say I'm gonna blog six days a week -- You can count on me!!

Except, well -- what if I can't?? What if I'm too busy LIVING my life to sit down and WRITE ABOUT IT??

These are choices we all make...every single day. When my boys were playing Little League baseball, I used to watch some of the other mothers taking videos of those games. Remember those big, awkward VCR video cameras? They would be so involved in trying to make a video, they'd actually miss the action of the game...

And I swore I would never do that. Because the truth is -- NOBODY EVER WATCHES THOSE VIDEOS...but as you were so involved in the making of them -- you deprived yourself of actually enjoying the game as it was happening...

So it's the holidays. And I am old now. I am fortunate to have two children in my life who are affected by the choices I make...and I absolutely know they will remember these moments...if I can just get myself out of this chair to CREATE SOME..!!

The big cook on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving...we made FIVE PUMPKIN PIES...
Lilly is trying to smile so I can take a picture...
Warren is explaining about his "owie"...his left thumbnail was torn off when Lilly accidentally closed the door (his thumb was in the hinge side...ugh)
It was a traumatic trip to the Emergency Room...and nobody felt worse about it than Lilly.  But she has heard that story a thousand times, buddy...
She'd really like to get on with the business of PUMPKIN PIES...
C'mon -- YOU CAN DO IT...Yes, I am a very lucky Grandma....
NOW -- ON WITH THE HOLIDAYS, KIDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment