Monday, January 2, 2017

Food and the Holidays.

FOOD IS LOVE.  If you are having a family celebration of any kind -- somebody is IN CHARGE OF THE FOOD.

And it's certainly a major element of what we affectionately call, "THE HOLIDAYS".

My life is just like yours...and starting with Thanksgiving -- every single day was filled with delicious food I enjoy and look forward to.  Many of our most treasured family traditions circle around food I only eat once a year...so the holidays are brutal if you're trying to lose weight.  Ugh. 

But,  after spending ALL THAT MONEY -- and TIME -- to go to Fat Camp -- I was determined to push the reset button on my life and make better choices for myself during this very delicious, tempting holiday time. And I did.

The thing is -- there is nothing more boring than people who  TALK ABOUT WHAT THEY EAT.

So you needn't worry.  I'm not going to do that.  I didn't do it during the holidays -- and I'm not about to start now.

You know I consider myself to be a VERY LUCKY PERSON -- and I feel that way every single day. Especially this year. During the holidays, my life was filled with wonderful events and parties. AND SO MUCH GOOD FOOD.  Breakfast with my friends, lunch with people I love who are visiting for the holidays. Every celebration centered around the food...
For example,  the TMBC Christmas Tea!!
Hey -- My people know how to have a good time -- and FOOD IS A BIG PART of all that. I enjoyed every single minute, eating and laughing with my friends and family. And I like to think that nobody took much notice of what I was or was not putting in my mouth. 

The important thing was the TIME WE SPENT TOGETHER.  It's about being there, living in the moment, having conversations, and making memories...
Sure, those little Christmas trees might be delicious...but that was not what mattered on this day.
The most important thing about the Oreo truffles was how much fun Lilly and Warren had while making them.
And I hope they always remember Grandpa's red and green sprinkle Christmas pancakes.
But what Grandma ate for breakfast on that day was not a topic of conversation...and -- hey -- here's a news flash, people -- NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU'RE EATING. 

The Holidays are a wonderful time to do some really important things, like:

MAKE MEMORIES.
SPEND TIME WITH YOUR PEOPLE.
GET OFF YOUR DAMNED SMARTPHONE AND HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION.
VISIT A FRIEND.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEBODY'S DAY...

P.S.  This morning I did my Monday Morning weigh-in.  I weighed 271 pounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment