Friday, January 20, 2017

GREAT Television

Television is a big part of my life. I LOVE WATCHING TELEVISION.  In the interest of full-disclosure -- I watch the Real Housewives of just-about-any-town. I enjoy many crappy TLC shows -- including Sister Wives. When my friend Nancy was sick, I told her to watch a Naked and Afraid marathon...And I've seen every episode of Dance Mom's.

So -- now that you fully understand how low my television entertainment bar is -- you may or may not take this advice seriously...

BUT YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING "THIS IS US" ON NBC. (Tuesday Nights -- 8:00 CST.)

This is the best show on television right now. Actually - it's the best show I've watched IN A LONG TIME. It's right up there with M.A.S.H...West Wing...the Sopranos....Mad Men....or the early days of E.R. Oh, my...Remember the good old days when you couldn't wait for Tuesday nights -- because that's when NYPD Blue came on? THIS IS LIKE THAT...

Really good television tells a story about people you care about.  AND THIS IS THAT.  

But here's the thing. YOU CAN'T JUST START TO WATCH IT...

You have to go back and start with Episode #1. Thank God for ON DEMAND...because that's how you have to watch this show. EVERY EPISODE IN ORDER...

Only then will you be able to appreciate the genius of this show...

I can't write another word about it - or I risk spoiling it.


You will thank me later... And keep a careful eye on the wonderful Chrissy Metz.

But I've got to quit talking now...

WATCH IT.  SEE FOR YOURSELF....!!

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS US is the greatest show, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I wish it was on more then once a week. Enjoy your time with Mary look forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete