Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Splendid Sampler™


The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday. *******************

Although I started off strong -- I haven't kept up with the weekly blocks -- AT ALL.  I won't make any excuses -- but I have printed off every block and my plan is to eventually do enough blocks to put together a quilt.  I love reading the Facebook page, and checking on the progress of other Splenderites...and I am always SO EXCITED to see how Sandy and LP intrepreted the weekly block designs.  Our Splendid Sampler Sew-and-Tell has been a very big part of our TMBC parties.  It is interesting to see their different takes on the same pattern.  Sometimes, it's hard to believe they're using the same set of directions.

Both Linda and Sandy KEPT UP with every single design...which makes them SEWING ROCK STARS by any measure. 

LP does doubles every week...
When the blocks are done, her work will just be beginning...
This is the worst picture of Sandy EVER...!!
Such a sweet sewing machine design.
LP -- our mother of twins.  She's used to doubles of everything
LK has been doing A LOT OF SEWING lately.  This was her Grateful Dead pillowcase.  Ever since she figured out the burrito method, she has been ON FIRE!
LK took a fiber arts collage class -- and she was inspired!!
LIKE THAT WASN'T ENOUGH -- LK played around with some foundation piecing...And we loved what she did with her collection of batiks...
Me?  Well -- I did some retail shopping at Four Seasons!!  Pitiful, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment