Monday, February 27, 2017

Mary Mulari GLOVES.

First of all, I want to apologize for not putting up a blog post on Saturday. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??

The truth is -- my new healthy lifestyle is very TIME CONSUMING, PEOPLE!! Honestly -- I cannot remember what I USED to do, before I started going to the YMCA three or four times a week. YIKES...

So -- thanks for missing me -- but there is nothing wrong. My computer is half-way working again, and I have LOTS OF STUFF I'm anxious to write about...

Like -- my latest FUN THING TO SEW!! Did you see the Sewing with Nancy show where Mary was talking about her latest book -- "Second Chance T-Shirt Gifts"..?? A topic SO CLOSE TO MY HEART...and you know what big fan I am of her ragged edge t-shirt quilts...
Mary's book is chock full of useful things to make from your old t-shirts...
And my FAVORITE...FAVORITE....FAVORITE project is -- GLOVES!!

The first thing is to pick a t-shirt that has some spandex in it. (for two-way stretch).

Then, on a piece of paper (or tissue) you trace around your fingers...and use that as a pattern. Pin the pattern on top of the fabric, and sew on the line...Then, rip the paper off -- and Voila~!!  GLOVES...
Jackie sewed her gloves, wrong sides together...after trimming, it turned out to be a happy accident!!
I laid my gloves out so the opening hit right on the hem of my t-shirt!!  (yes, I know, I am a t-shirt recycling genius)
After cutting around the stitch lines - TURNING the gloves right side out is really the hardest part!!
Linda P. went to some trouble to make sure BOTH GLOVES WERE THE SAME.!!
Sandy chose a wild abstract, colorful fabric...
And both gloves looked very different...
SUCH A GREAT IDEA, MARY MULARI!! I love, love, love your glove idea.

And, as it happens -- even after weeks of cleaning, sorting and TAKING BACK STUFF to the Goodwill store -- I have enough Spandex to make gloves for everybody I know.

Oh, yes -- THIS IS MY KIND OF SEWING!!

***************************
MMWI: 256. wow...this is joy...I lost almost 3 pounds last week!! AND I HAD a wood fired pizza in Iowa City with Anne!! Sausage stuffed dates, even!! I AM ON FIRE, PEOPLE...

2 comments:

  1. Now I can make NewYork City gloves when my fav shirt wears out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, Your posts are so funny, informative and inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete