Thursday, February 2, 2017

Mary's Iowa Visit, Day One

On Mary's first day -- I took her to my YMCA for a Swimfit class. Of course, you'll have to take my word for it because I forgot to take a picture of us in our swimsuits....
On Friday's, I do a "double"...The 9:00 class is taught by Ursula...
The 10:00 class is taught by "Delight"

Of course, Mary is in terrific shape -- and she was dancing circles around me in the pool. Afterwards, we met up with the TMBC crew and went out for lunch...


Then -- on to the main event. THRIFT STORE SHOPPING!!
Mary tried on a velvet cape, with genuine imitation rhinestone buttons...
This campy linen could turn up at the next YaYa show...
What's under the velvet cape??
It wasn't actually a thrift store -- it was an antique mall.
Lucky for us, the vendors in this mall have a very loose definition of the word "äntique"
Although, to be fair...I suppose this typewriter really is an antique.
We found a treasure trove of vintage linens...
Really...YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment