Saturday, February 4, 2017

Mary's Visit, Day Two

On Mary's SECOND day -- we were headed to Iowa City.  It's a one-hour drive, and thanks to Interstate 80, it's good road all the way...
My Canadian friend, Marion, tells me that the U.S. has remarkable REST AREAS....
No kidding...while I was using the ladie's room, Mary was checking out the vending machines...
I love it when they have TONS of brochures and information...all free...some great coupons, etc.
Did I mention the interesting art installation out front?  No kidding...THANK YOU, IOWA TAXPAYERS....you rock...
When we arrived in Iowa City, we quickly hooked up with the main attraction -- my friend Anne and her daughter Sarah had already found their FIRST treasure.
Besides one world class university (University of Iowa) -- Iowa City also has the old capitol building.
But we didn't go there. Even though the State Historical Society is in the building, and I'm sure worth a visit -- we had a very tight schedule. After a morning of thrift store shopping -- THERE WAS LUNCH to consider!!
Anne and Mary...
Me and Sarah...
WE HAD SUCH A GREAT DAY...it must be TWO posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment