Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Grandma Camp 2017

Grandma Camp is going just fine...Mostly...

This week, I'll have Lilly, and/or Warren for at least a part of every day. They both LOVE going with me to swim at the YMCA. We do a lot of cooking, and we are library gypsies (I pay so many fines, I like to spread that wealth around.)

We have a surprise DAY TRIP event coming up...

But -- this activity was all about the CAMPING..

ugh.  you heard me...C.A.M.P.I.N.G. Something I have NEVER done. Something I know NOTHING about...

Double Ugh...
Apparently -- we gave this tent to Ross for Christmas in1994...It was still in the original box...
I have NEVER actually set up a tent...
And -- here's the alarming thing, people. THAT complete lack of knowledge or experience DIDN'T STOP ME...I do not remember having a single moment of pause...I just willy/nilly said to these two innocent children..."Oh, look what Grandma found!! IT'S A TENT...!! We'll set it up tomorrow."

They were sooo excited....
Lilly's job was to hold this end up, while I read the directions...She was fine with it...for the first 20 minutes...
After several crashes, I needed BOTH children to hold things up...although this point, I still thought it was a fun activity, and something I'd want to have pictures of, right?
This is the selfie I tried to take after we put up the tent.  Lilly is forcing a smile...but Warren is too young to even try.
This tent-making activity did NOT go as well as I'd hoped...Let me say here that I was wrong to be so optimistic.

But, Grandma Camp is all about the lessons, right??

And I GOT THAT PART RIGHT....

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment