Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Life After Hamilton/Morton

I am not going to write a review of Hamilton. As a matter of fact, I am going to put all my energy into NOT TELLING YOU A THING ABOUT IT.

Because I don't want to ruin it for you. It is just possible I could rave so much, and share so much, your expectations would become sky high and no performance could possibly live up to them. This is the exact same tactic I'm taking with my friends and Lilly.

In January, five of us (including Lilly) are going to see Hamilton in Chicago...and I want them all to experience it the same way I did.

So -- you might be relieved to know that HAMILTON WEEK IS OFFICIALLY OVER.

On the second day of our Chicago excursion, Kimberly had a library conference to attend -- so Linda and I went to the Morton Arboretum.

There was a huge outdoor sculpture exhibit...origami...

A peaceful little garden, just outside of the Morton library
Inside, I learned how to origami a drinking cup (or drinking themble?)
Linda made a paper...train??  toothpick?  No...wait for it, wait for it...
The base of this sculpture only LOOKS like water...(it's really mirror tiles)
Spectacular either close up or from a distance!!
Can you guess what this sculpture is called?
Yep. Scissors, paper, rock!!
Hanging high in the sky. Such great imagination, eh?

Linda and I went to McD's for a cold drink...we had about 30 minutes before we had to meet Kim. GREAT!! Time for one spectacular game of Bananagrams!!

It was such a stunning beautiful day. I kept thinking...

HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW...(okay, so I'm not QUITE over Hamilton yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment