Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Princeton Library Treasure Hunt

We have this new thing we're doing -- TMBC has a Featherweight sewing day on Friday. Turns out, getting together once a week just isn't enough anymore. To continue our group therapy, we needed to include our sewing machines...and some quilting projects...

It happened a coupla times last year...and it was SO GREAT...then Jackie was coming home for a visit...and why don't we do it two weeks in a row?? Then, well, before you know it -- we decided to just do it every Friday. For awhile.

Why NOT??
My sister Ronda (left) can easily join us...Jackie was in town (on the right)
It hit me that THE FOUR GRANDMAS who would be taking Lilly to see Hamilton in January would be in the same room, and we should take a picture...WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY...and maybe I could ramp up a treasure hunt for the kids, to announce our pre-Hamilton Chicago train trip!!

The kids knew I had one big FINALE EVENT planned for Grandma Camp...and Lilly was always asking for hints or clues...but I knew anything I said would give it away...

So, I had Emily drop them off at the library that afternoon. Our Sewing Day was winding down...and I had hidden TWO gifts in the library. A train for Warren, and a bust of Alexander Hamilton for Lilly.

Here was their clue:

When the Army marched off the battlefield at Yorktown, what were they carrying?

She immediately squealed, "Betsy Ross's FLAG..!!""

So -- that's what they were looking for!!  
Warren quickly found his new train/bank -- wrapped in a small American Flag...
But Lilly had to search...and search...
There are basically four small rooms in our library...and she had to check out every one...
I'd wrapped her flag around the little stick...and put it on a higher shelf...(it shouldn't be TOO easy, right?)
So, once they had their two gifts in hand, I told them what the adventure was...
A TRAIN RIDE TO CHICAGO...and a visit to the PrivateBank theater.  Basically, a trial run of our January Hamilton trip...
Lilly, with her four Grandmas...Sandy, Jackie, me, and Linda.  WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment