Monday, September 4, 2017

Mississippi Sightseeing Cruise

Okay...the summer of 2017 is over. I am sad. Grandma Camp is history. My cousin Kim has an end-of-the-summer birthday -- and she's pretty hard to buy for.

How about a sightseeing ride on a vintage PADDLEWHEEL RIVERBOAT??

HOW LUCKY AM I???

Again -- sorry for my crappy video skills. I only got a glimpse of the wonderful calliope music the riverboat plays when it moves in to or out of the dock.

The Twilight usually takes day trips up to Galena, Illinois, and the guests spend the night at a local B&B there -- once a month they do a Saturday afternoon 90 minute sightseeing cruise.  IT'S ONLY $16 per person..!!  
I invited Kim and her granddaughter Elizabeth...to go with me and Lilly.
There are three levels to this magnificent floating palace from yesteryear...
We packed a lunch, and the girls had some games. (yes, BANANAGRAMS)...
There were rocking chairs lining both sides of the boat...
It was a STUNNINGLY beautiful summer day.
The Twilight has a lot of wrought iron banisters and fancy trim...
Even the ceilings are beautiful.
We went under the Interstate 80 bridge!
Oh, yes. A wonderful way to wrap up an incredible summer.  GOOD JOB, TWILIGHT RIVERBOAT CREW..!!
*********** MMWI: 230.00...(fingers crossed, eh?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment