Thursday, October 5, 2017

2017 TMBC goes to MSQC

THIS is the first post...which will be a series of MANY...about our bus trip to Missouri Star Quilt Company in Hamilton, Missouri.

First of all -- wherever you live, there is a Trailways bus company near you -- putting together interesting programs.  CHECK THEM OUT.  They do all the driving, make all the arrangements, purchase blocks of tickets to popular, sold-out events.  I'm telling you -- THIS IS A FUN WAY TO TRAVEL, SEE NEW THINGS and MEET NEW PEOPLE.

I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TRIP...

The extra bonus is that you can go ALONE -- and you will meet other like-minded individuals.

Hamilton, Missouri is about a six hour drive from Davenport, Iowa. That's a lot of gas, miles on your car, and STAYING AWAKE....
Which, obviously, I did not have to do...
We had to be at the departure point at 4:45 AM. YIKES. Looking back, one of the mistakes I made was deciding NOT to go to bed the night before the trip. I'm often up until 2:00 AM anyway, and I was just too excited to sleep...so, by the time we got on the bus, I was MORE THAN READY to sleep. Which I can do. Lucky me...

I slept THE WHOLE WAY DOWN...and I'd like to thank Sandy for taking this very attractive picture of me doing it...

That's our Burlington Trailways bus -- parked on the side of the Quilt Retreat Center in Hamilton, Missouri.
Hamilton, Missouri has some FABULOUS MURALS in town...(that's another post)
Every detail in this town is beautifully done.  Like, for example, these stairs....WHAT A HOOT!!
One of my favorite pictures of us. And you'll have to stay tuned to learn how we got to this moment..??
GIRLFRIEND TRAVEL! Sewing Sisters! Missouri Star! I am a lucky, lucky girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment