Monday, October 2, 2017

Home Dec

The thing about "Home Dec" is that, if you're doing it right -- it is always changing...

I loved to re-arrange it....and it felt like my personl art gallery.
When Ross and Elliott were growing up, we had a United States map hanging in the hallway. AND they had a U.S. Map shower curtain (that's how they learned the capitals).

Then, for many years, I hung my beloved collection of Cross-stitch Samplers on the Hallway wall.


My Mother Taught Me How to Sew, and At the time I did not know; that with every stitch I now complete, with every row I do so neat; My Mother's heart is there with me...Guiding my Hand for all to see.
My Mom actually stitched this one. That's how the collection started, of course...
But, now that Lilly and Warren are in school -- it was time to BRING BACK THE MAP!!


Mary Mulari sent this map.  What a wonderful, useful gift!  Lilly helped me frame it.

I think the new map is hanging on the same hook we used for the original map (over 30 years ago).

The new wall is a work in progress...

For now, I've packed away my Sampler collection and the hallway wall has become a children's art gallery. The kids often look at the map -- if we're going on vacation to Pennsylvania, or when John sent the Christmas train off to Portland to be repaired.

Last weekend, I was taking a bus trip to Hamilton, Missouri...and the kids wanted to know where that was on the map.  (Middle of Nowhere didn't make any sense to them!)

Yep.  Maps are good.  Thanks, Mary!!

**********

MMWI:  233.4  I'm thinking about this one...and will try to write about it tomorrow.  Don't cry for me, Argentina...(great...now I'm gonna have to Google Eva Peron....or Madonna...)

No comments:

Post a Comment