Monday, October 16, 2017

Missouri Star, Part 1

Okay -- finally -- I am ready to blog about MY VISIT TO HAMILTON, MISSOURI. This combined so many things I LOVE...first of all, let's hear it for girlfriend travel!!
These are the players. The four of us are ALWAYS, ALWAYS at TMBC. Sandy, me, Linda K. and Linda P.
Getting to the departure point at 4:45 AM was the hardest part of the trip!
You already know I SLEPT for most of the ride down...(it took over 5 hours)
The Doan family has turned this town upside down....and it is jam-packed with quilters.  Lucky for us, the buildings are beautifully renovated, and there are many interesting murals...SO MUCH FUN, EH?
This mural is on the side of the main store (there is a bakery and a burger joint next door)
This mural is on the side of the renovated Retreat Center. I stayed there last summer when my sister Ronda and I went to the Featherweight Workshop.
We arrived at lunch time -- and the bus company had arranged for a lovely boxed lunch. However, LK and I decided to have a gourmet experience at the Blue Sage Restaurant...

The pot pie was delivered in it's own iron skillet. SO MUCH FUN!

This trip was about WAY MORE than just fabric shopping! BUT -- hey -- tomorrow, I'm gonna tell you about the fabric shopping!!
There are a lot of signs in every store...and you've gotta love this one...
*************** MMWI: 228.6

No comments:

Post a Comment