Saturday, October 14, 2017

My Saturdays!!

Since the kids went back to school, our routine is that I pick them up on Friday and they spend the night, and all day Saturday. So, for two days, their lives are ALL ABOUT THE GRANDMA.

Friday night, I take them swimming at the YMCA. It's fun to be in the pool AFTER DARK...
This activity NEVER gets old!!

All summer, we've been eating Saturday morning breakfast on the porch...
But the temps are dropping -- so we may have seen our last porch breakfast for awhile...

Lilly's "Acting Class" is Saturday morning...and she is enjoying that. A lot. Last week, Warren and I went to the Salvation Army for that hour -- and I bought YET ANOTHER LAZY BOY for $35. Holy Cow. SUCH TREASURE, EH?? (Wait until you see it...this new one is burgundy velvet. Whadaya think? 1985??)

Anyway...it is our habit to eat lunch in town. Sometimes, we have a picnic in the park....but, I've also developed quite a list of restaurants where KIDS EAT FREE.
Lilly and Warren at her first week of Acting Class
So that's what I'll be doing today. And I wouldn't have it any other way...(oops...I'm halfway to a BAD poem!).

Hey -- I know this is a window in my life, and THEIRS...and I am very grateful to be able to spend so much time with Lilly and Warren. 

And, right now -- I AM LOVING MY SATURDAYS..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment