Saturday, October 7, 2017

Washing Pillows

It's official -- IT'S FALL.  My favorite season of the year for so many reasons.  I love sweater weather, and the leaves turning.  I love changing up my bedding...it's time for the FALL BED

My Fall bed is built like this:  I start with my thick, 100% cotton mattress pad.  Then, some line-dried white 100% cotton sheets.  The Fall bed gets a flannel sheet ..then, the final touch is an off-white Matelassé Coverlet.

Yes, you can WASH YOUR PILLOWS. And you should. And mine are waaaay overdue.
I feel some laundry posts coming on...

John has been having night-sweats -- and his two pillows are yellow.  Ugh.  I haven't washed them since spring.  I considered throwing them away, because even after laundering, they were still yellow.  
But getting new pillows is such a major commitment, isn't it?  After a YouTube search, I found this video...and it seems to deal with the specific problem...

I loved this woman's video.  I'm going to try her formula for GETTING OUT THE YELLOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment