Friday, December 29, 2017

My guest room...

I wrote this in 2009....I don't know if Mary is coming for a January visit....but I STILL LOVE this room!!

******************

MANY of you are dealing with Christmas visitors. Whenever I get company -- my favorite part is making up their beds. I especially love to hang their sheets out on the line so they smell fresh and wonderful. And, of course, I dig out my best embroidered pillowcases. During Mary's recent visit, I washed my most elaborate embroidered top sheet...


The quilt on the bed is a winter scene, complete with ice-skating. But, of course, the really big story in our guest room is the paint job on the walls...


This paint job happened years ago, after Ross moved out of the house. I invited my sisters & cousins to my house for a paint party and the room got a complete REDO. We were experimenting -- there may have been Margueritas involved...

I wasn't content with every wall being a different color (like my living room). Why not paint free-form lightening bolts and use two or three different colors of paint?? This is the door...

Notice the yellow ceiling...which comes down onto the wall. Mostly because we were all laughing too hard to deal with a fussy straight line...


This is Mary's last night -- packing up two GIGANTIC suitcases full of Ya Ya treasure...we had to get up at 4:00 AM to get her to the airport.

I told her we couldn't have coffee for the trip to the airport -- because the caffeine would interfere with my master plan. Which was to drive her there (45 min.) drop her off, drive home, get back in bed and pretend it never happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment