Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Polar Express GRAND FINALE

I swear...just when you think IT CANNOT GET ANY BETTER -- our Polar Express event GOT EVEN BETTER..!!  Of course, seeing Santa was one of the events.  But I wasn't so concerned with Lilly and Warren seeing him, because they had a Santa visit last week (with their Mom, at the Mall).

Besides, there was a long line outside of the SANTA car...and I didn't want the kids to waste their time standing in a line when there was SO MUCH FUN STUFF TO DO.
One of the things Lilly did in the craft room was write a letter to Santa. She spent a lot of time -- that's GOLD INK she decorated it with, people.
But, as Ritaluck would have it -- at the end our our time at the North Pole -- I realized THERE WAS NO LINE at Santa's special car. So I took the kids over there, hoping he was still in residence...
And he was THE BEST SANTA I have ever met.
Both kids got on his lap, and told him what they would like to get for Christmas.
When Lilly told him she would like a lizard for Christmas, Santa took that request in stride. And he said this,

"A lizard? I will take that into consideration. But here's what you need to know, Lilly. Whenever a child asks for a live animal, whether it is a dog, a cat, a pony, a horse, a turtle, a giraffe or a lizard -- I need to get written permission from a lot of people. Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, your teacher, babysitter, minister and school counselor. It's a lot of paperwork, Lilly, but I'll get it started"

I mean -- HOW GOOD IS THIS SANTA??!! Then, the icing on the cake??

When it was Warren's turn, Santa said, "so, Warren -- you're the one who loves trains?"

Warren's eyes went wide, and he said, "yes"

Then, Santa said, "well, I'm glad you waited to come see me. Because, since there aren't any kids waiting in line -- I have the time to show you something very special. No other little boys have seen this today..."
Then, he reached behind his back -- and pulled out a tiny little music box that had a train going around and around...
THEN -- he asked Warren if he knew what time it was? When Warren said he didn't know -- Santa got out his very special pocket watch. WHICH ALSO HAD A LITTLE MINI-TRAIN...
Wow. I cannot say enough about this event...it was so well organized, so beautifully planned...it went way beyond my best expectations.

Well done, Santa and the whole team at the Polar Express.  The memories we made on that day will last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. That is the best Santa!!!
    (and I know Santa. Jim used to manage for one of the oldest Santa photo companies in the PNW)

    ReplyDelete