Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Winter Funk

This winter is soul-sucking. Although I think I SAY THIS EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME. But, holy cow, this year has been especially terrible. The temperatures have been below zero -- for what feels like weeks now. Our roads are snow-covered, with spots of ice everywhere. Ugh. It is hard to keep the house warm, and we watch television, covered with our heavy double-fleece blankets. More ugh.

I'm trying to think of a bright spot I could write about...but I just keep thinking about HOW WONDERFUL IT WOULD BE TO BE A SNOWBIRD??  My friends who go to places like Florida, Texas or Arizona.  THEY ARE SO SMART...and I AM SO ENVIOUS...

Well, there are some good things.   About living in Iowa in the dead of winter.

Let me think...

I'm going to blog about winter activities I enjoy, and will look back fondly...

Just a minute...

It's coming to me....

1 comment:

  1. January funk. The one month of the year that I have all the time in the world to sew and am never in the mood for it. Surprised I'm even in my sewing room this week.

    ReplyDelete