Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I'm in Chicago today -- WORKING!!...

But I wanted to wish you a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY....

Looking back at some earlier Valentine's posts...I especially loved our 2014 Impromptu Kiddo Party...
and, God knows -- the weather that year was similar!!

****************
(from 2014)
This year, February was about a whole lot more of a long hard winter. We'd been stuck in the house for weeks. This was the cold, gray view out our living room window...ugh...
We were all getting a little weary of the jigsaw-puzzle-a-thon...
There was always a new snow fall to deal with...
To get Lilly out of the house, one day I picked her up for a ride-a-long to the grocery store. HEY -- how exciting is it that Little Debbie makes heart shaped cupcakes for Valentine's Day??
Hummm...they would be good for a party, don't you think??  All we need is a few little kids...
AS RITALUCK WOULD HAVE IT -- it was a Wednesday, and I happen to know where there is a room full of beautiful friendly little kids...(here's the best part -- when I walk into the room -- they all run to give me a hug!  Yep -- this is the PERFECT crowd!)
My sister Deena has a "family supper" Wednesday night.  Lilly and I packed up our party bag, and put on our Valentine outfits....
We had gifts, snacks, and even a CRAFT activity!!  (Yes, I do have some Grandma game!)

Although, Grandma Deena and Mommy Brenda took the gluing of sparkle a little too seriously...
Lilly tried to line everybody up on the sofa -- so she could give them each a party gift...
A Valentine stuffed animal for everybody!
Parties can be a real pain. Sending invitations, cleaning, planning, cooking, shopping. Then, of course -- it can go up in smoke, depending on the weather or the road conditions. An impromptu party is NONE OF THAT. I had been collecting the various Valentine stuff for awhile...the heart shaped foam picture frames, some Valentine cards, many Valentine stuffed animals...it was a Party In A Bag just waiting to happen.

When I called Deena (at 4:00 PM) -- we decided the party would happen right after they they ate supper. The kids all had a GREAT TIME. The "Party" was over in about an hour. PERFECT for all of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment