Saturday, February 10, 2018

Iowa Winters

Winter in Iowa sucks.  Mary got out of here JUST IN TIME.  Although, she left Iowa to travel to frozen Northern Minnesota...hummm...

Everything is relative.  Elliott and Emily spent a few days in Florida, and that only made Iowa look SO MUCH WORSE...

This week, the two Lindas are BOTH going to sunnier climates...so it feels like the State is getting quieter and quieter... 

Road conditions can be sooo dangerous. Two weeks ago, due to black ice, there was a fatal crash just 4 miles from my house. Two cars collided, and a woman was trapped in her car, which started on fire -- and she died.

Every day, you have to make choices.  As I am writing this blog, it's snowing outside -- and it will probably be a good 8" before it's done.  I was planning on going into the YMCA to get in the pool...but, looking out the window, I'm thinking this would be a good day to dust off my treadmill...

I made up my mind to STAY HOME after watching the video of this massive pile-up on I-35 (near Ames, Iowa).  Yep.  It's a good day to make soup and revisit my treadmill...and, hey, there could be a few sewing projects!!

There is a reason Iowans go South for the winter. That Snowbird lifestyle is looking better and better to me....

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain as it was -27 here in Montana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, Miss Montana -- I have experienced 27 below zero -- and it's no fun...

      Delete
  2. Love my PNW! Once a year snow is all we want and all we get. Today was 46 degrees and sunny, so everyone was at the park soaking up some rare wintertime vitamin D. We'll have rain again by Tuesday night.

    ReplyDelete